What have we done so far?
We launched as a Not-for-Profit Company Limited by Guarantee in April 2013 and have, until now, been a totally voluntary organisation with minimal external funding. Since the launch people have donated thousands of hours of their time and expertise to help us grow.
- With the support of the Quakers we first held the Flourish Summit that attracted 20 well known speakers and 300 attendees
- In 2013 we achieved national coverage for the launch of the Too Much Too Soon Campaign that explored the impact of the English school starting age on child mental health and wellbeing
- We quickly gained the support of a multidisciplinary Advisory Board (forty globally renowned experts)
- In 2014 we established National Children’s Day UK (NCDUK) as a nationally significant annual event. We have been awarded two small National Lottery Grants to help develop the day and have so far achieved a maximum Facebook reach of 3.2 million
- We have developed a large number of successful collaborations and partnerships
- We have attracted the support of high profile ambassadors including the National Children’s Laureate and the Children’s Dramatist
- We published a number of highly regarded publications including the ‘Putting Children First’ Manifesto and the ‘Children’s Outdoor Charter of Rights’
- In 2018 we developed the Flourish Model that is now being made accessible to a global audience through the Flourish Project (a collaboration of key organisations with the Movement acting as a strategic partner)